Hit the saddle and explore the idyllic scenery of Tiroler Zugspitz Arena on two wheels! Berwang and the surrounding villages are a real bikers’ paradise and the ultimate destination for passionate cyclists and mountain bikers and anyone who wants to become one. Which is why your holiday at the three-star Hotel Witt is the perfect opportunity to explore the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena by bike and mountain bike!
More than 100 signposted trails over 3,000 kilometres and 100,000 metres elevation difference are waiting to be conquered by bike in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena. Pros and bikers from all over the world appreciate this variety as Tyrol’s Zugspitz region has already been awarded as Austria’s mountain bike region twice. The network of trails is vast and has something to offer for all tastes and levels. With the bike and cycling tours there is everything from leisurely tours with panoramic views to challenging mountain trails.
This is supplemented by the variety-packed off-road passages and demanding downhill and freeride routes. You and your bike can reach the starting points for the best trails in total comfort using the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena’s cable cars and with the Almkopfbahn and Sonnenbahn your bike even travels free in the Berwang-Bichlbachl region. The Forest Thunder and Forest Aisle routes in Lermoos are extremely popular and challenging freeride trails. With an average gradient of 33%, they’re even a challenge for experienced bikers!
Regardless of whether it’s a leisurely cycling tour, challenging mountain bike trail or a speedy downhill run – rustic huts and typical mountain inns invite all bikers to enjoy well-earned refreshment after a long day in the saddle or for a short break, always surrounded by the Zugspitz Arena’s impressive mountain scenery.
At Hotel Witt, your bike hotel in the Zugspitz Arena, we know what is really important on a cycling and bike holiday. Which is why you enjoy the following advantages here:
- Storage room for bikes (lockable and insured against theft)
- Bike stand in front of the hotel
- Designated washing area (hose, cleaning brushes)
- Cycling/biking information corner with cycling/biking map for the region, cycling or mountain bike tour descriptions with map section for free use, list of bike workshops, shops, hire & opening hours/addresses, list of bike schools/guides & opening hours & addresses, timetable/opening hours for public transport & cable cars with bike transport, specialist magazines
- Weather information: current weather report with 3-5 day forecast
- Small cycle repair set consisting of: Pump for all standard valves, including repair kit
- Tyre lever, lubricant and a basic range of tools (set of Allen keys, set of spanners, screwdrivers, Torx)
- Facility for washing and drying cycling gear
You can find more bike information as well as several tours on the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena website.